Saturday, March 18, 2006

Here I sit...

Here I sit at Sebring Int. Speedway watching the cars go by. FAST! This is a historic race for Audi. They are racing their new TDI Power Diesel race car. This car is slicker than owl shit! What I find most interesting is watching it go by. While the other cars scream by like monsters the Audi seems to slide by with a whoosh. You can actually hear the turbo hum over the engine! All you conspiracy theorists will probably say "its alien technology they picked up in the desert at Roswell". Its alien alright, from Germany! These guys really know their stuff. This is probably the biggest advance in racing technology since the wheel.

I have been here since Wednesday, and have had an absolute blast! I have seen all the qualifying and practice rounds, races in all the other classes, but my intent is not to give you the stats and placings and shit. If thats what you want there are plenty of other places you can get alot better info than I could give you. You can read my friends write up of the whole deal on http://www.autoextremist.com What I'm doing is summing up my experience here this week.

Why am I here? I'm the luckiest guy in the world I guess. My good friend, A.J. , whom I've known since High School, called me up a while back and asked me if I could come. I told him "HELL YEAH". He writes for the above link. He was able to get me in on media creds, and here I sit in the air conditioned media office, watching the race. Freakin' awesome! I figure if I'm in on media creds, I'd might as well write something about it, right? In the meantime, I'm getting treated like a spoiled ass brat. Free food, free drinks, and free frosty adult beverages. All I have to do is flash my badge, and I can go where "regular" people can't go. I have met drivers, vendors, TV persnalities, track officials, and so on. Hobb knobbing, rubbing elbows, shmoozing, aahhhhhh, I'll never be the same!

Of course I came down from on high to mingle with the "commoners" too. A.J. and I met up w/ some other friends and went looking for a good time in the Green Park. And we found it! We went and joined a big party, had some of the best bar-b-q I've had in a long time, some free adult beverages, and lots of fun. And of course we had lots of beads to go around. Most of which I still have. Johnny Lawman a.k.a. the Fuzz, came down to direct traffic, and keep girls titties in their shirts. Damn them! Hopefully the police will mind their own damn beeswax tonight, and let the breastsis fly. I'll let y'all know.

I want to shout out to some friends and shit. Thanks to A.J., without whom none of this would be possible. Hey to Brett, Candi, and Todd, who are the other friends I mentioned. Wassup to my sweetie, Sylvia, who sent me some cool pix on my phone to keep me entertained, WOW! I'll let y'all know what happens tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home