Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What party?!!!!

Here I am at my favorite coffee house, wondering what happened to the big party that was supposed to happen Saturday night. After the race, I was so excited to get my rig packed up and into the car. I was ready to party, wooohooo! But to my dismay, when we cruised through the Green Park, it was as if someone had flipped off a lightswitch. There were no lights, no music, no beer, no party goers, hence no boobies. It was dark and quiet. Too quiet! So A.J. and I just said "fuck it", and started driving home. I'm not staying anywhere after being that let down. Now I have a big plastic grocery bag full of beads. I'm sure I can find someone who wants to earn them. Sylvia, perhaps. We'll have to see about that.

Anyway, Saturday night notwithstanding, a good time was had by all. I had the best time I had in years, met some cool folks, and came away with a different piont of view. I dicovered a new way to enjoy racing, and got my head screwed on half way straigt. I can't wait to go see another.

Shout out to Brett, Candi, and Todd! Thanks to Brett for letting us sleep in his camper for 2 nights, and letting us drink his beer. I hope we can all hang out again some time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Auto Journalist said...

Heh... I think a good time was had by all. In retrospect, I kinda' wish we'd just crashed Saturday night with Brett and company, because driving with that much fatigue just wasn't the best way to go.

I still have about half a bag of oranges left, from when we picked the trees half-clean after the race.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home